- Shafi NambobiChief Executive OfficerShafi NambobiChief Executive OfficerMr. Nambobi is a microfinance expert with over 19 years’ experience in microfinance with strong leadership and institutional capacity building skills. He began his career as a Credit Officer (Promoter) in FINCA Uganda in 1997 before assuming positions of credit supervisor, branch manager and in 2001 becoming Regional Manager. Between 2002 and 2006, Mr. Nambobi was the deputy operations manager in charge of village banking and later Supervision, Policy Compliance and managing Special Projects. In April 2006, he moved to Uganda Finance Trust as the Chief Manager Operations, a position he held up to April 2009 before becoming the Chief Operating Officer for FINCA Malawi for two years. He then joined Tujijenge Tanzania under AMSCO Manager Secondment program as Managing Director/Board member from April 2011 until December 2015. He then joined Premier Credit Uganda as Chief Executive Officer/Board member before joining UGAFODE Microfinance Ltd (MDI) in May 2017 as Chief Executive Officer/Board member. Mr. Nambobi has a Bachelors’ degree in Public Administration specialized in Human Resource management and development, Masters in Microfinance, Diploma in Banking Management and PGD in Financial Management.
- Prof. Ben KiregyeraChairmanProf. Ben KiregyeraChairman
Prof. Kiregyera is the founder and Chairperson of DevInfCo. He is an internationally renowned statistician, the 2005 winner of Prof. P.C. Mahalanobis Prize for Statistics for “for lifetime achievement in statistics and promotion of best statistical practice in developing countries”, the first Director of the African Centre for Statistics at the UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and first Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Uganda Bureau of Statistics. He has been at the forefront of the statistical renaissance and associated statistical architecture in Africa.Prof. Kiregyera has assisted many countries in Africa to reform their statistical systems and/or design their Statistical Master Plans/National Strategies for the Development of Statistics. He led a team of international consultants that designed the Reference Regional Strategic Framework for Statistical Capacity Building in Africa (RRSF) and wrote the first documentation on NSDS that was published by PARIS21 (Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century). He is the initiator and Co-chair of the Editorial Board of the African Statistical Journal which is published by the African Development Bank, the initiator and member of the editorial Board of the African Statistical Newsletter which is published by the African Centre for Statistics at UNECA. He belongs to a number of international professional associations.
- Olive KabatalyaDirectorOlive KabatalyaDirectorOlive is a financial services expert having accumulated 12 years hands-on operational experience in banking and over 20 years in microfinance institutions capacity building as a consultant. She has served in several countries in Africa and Asia and was part of two project teams that laid the foundation of microfinance capacity building in Uganda and Cambodia. Her employment experience has been with the Uganda Commercial Bank (Now Stanbic Bank), the United Nations, Chemonics International, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Enterprising Solutions Global.
- Michel DuboisDirectorMichel DuboisDirectorA seasoned professional banker with 37 years of experience within three large organizations, having worked in 8 different countries and on three continents. H has been responsible a number one of 10 various set up (branch, subsidiary, bureau) of Paribas and BNP Paribas among them and he had the opportunity to create two new set of the bank in Russia and Saudi Arabia. His management skills and personal behavior have enabled him to operate efficiently with people of various race nationally and religion. He has dealt with some of the biggest corporate worldwide such as Kwaneer (USA) TOTAL both in Africa and the Middle East, the top five Chaebol of South Korea, Lukoil, Sibneft, Gasprom to name but a few.
- Robert OngodiaDirectorRobert OngodiaDirectorRobert is a financial services expert with over 20 years of hands-on operational experience in banking, Impact Investing, microfinance, SME lending, and financial sector regulation. He has achieved positive results in the non-profit, public, private and educational sectors, including: transforming of non-profit MFIs to for-profit institutions and subsequent turn-around of MFIs from loss making to profitable ventures and strengthening financial sector regulation. Worked in institutions like Centenary Bank, Bank of Uganda, FINCA, MicroVest Capital Management LLC, and Accion International.
- John LwandeDirectorJohn LwandeDirectorJohn is a microfinance services expert with over 25 years hands on experience working with commercial banks and MFIs on microfinance design and implementation. He has vast experience at both executive and board level working with banks and MFIs in several African countries including Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Congo DRC, Malawi, Uganda and South Africa. He has turned around several institutions the most recent one being Akiba Commercial Bank in Tanzania where he served as the Managing Director for years. Prior to that he helped build and grow FINCA operations in the Africa region, and the microfinance lending program at the National Microfinance Bank Tanzania before divestiture. From scratch he designed and implemented a community banking project with the Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe. John is currently the Program Director for the Africa Board Fellowship program, implemented by CFI at Accion. The governance program focuses on board dynamics, technology trends and innovations, risk management strategies, strategic planning, new business models, competitive and challenging environments and client centricity.