CREDIT OFFICER- GENERAL
CREDIT OFFICER GL & IL IN ANY OF OUR UPCOUNTRY BRANCHES – (Kyotera, Lira, Jinja, Rukungiri, Mbarara, Ntungamo, Ibanda, Ishaka, Lyantonde, Rushere, Mpigi, Sembabule, Kagadi, and Mbale).
The Credit Officer reports to the Credit Supervisor, is responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients homes and business to assess the credit worthiness and will manage the portfolio effectively and efficiently to ensure sustainability.
Specific Responsibilities include:-
- Promotion of products and origination of new clients
- Marketing of the loan products
- Client mobilization and sensitization on all loan aspects
- Build and maintain a portfolio of quality rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
- Conduct loan evaluations according to policies and procedures
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client’s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation form
- Arrange and undertake business site visits;
- Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation;
- Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and documented;
- Determine and present loan terms and conditions to credit committee.
- Credit committee member
- Participate in credit committees providing input on other members’ loan proposals;
- Prepare and present own loan proposals to credit committee.
- Provide high-quality customer service
- Develop relationship with each client to support the business success and cultivate loyalty.
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy;
- Manage and recover late repayments
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of UGAFODE;
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss;
- Monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
- Build community rapport
- Build rapport with community, business associations and leaders;
- Be known and visible in the community;
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Microfinance, Education, Agriculture or a Business related field
- 2 years’ experience in Microfinance Institution
- High level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Good customer service and relational / interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up-to-date CV to: email@example.com (Indicating the position you are applying for and the preferred branch). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
NB: WE ENCOURAGE APPLICANTS FROM THE LOCALE OF OUR UPCOUNTRY BRANCHES TO APPLY & MUST KNOW THE LOCAL LANGUAGES SPOKEN THERE.
Closing date for receiving applications is: 28th November, 2017.