HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE
The Head, Human Resource heads the Human Resource Department and is responsible for the oversight of all human resources systems and procedures including recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management (evaluations), conflict resolution and compensation/rewards management and ensuring compliance with governing regulations. In coordination with the management team, in the service of ensuring that the organization meets its goals, develop and implement strategies and systems to ensure that the right human resource are in place at the right time and are working to maximum effectiveness and appropriate human resource instruments and strategies. The HHR participates actively in management meetings.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Design and implementation of Human Resource Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Develop HR policies, systems and procedures including regular reviews and updates of the personnel manual.
- On ongoing basis, oversee all HR systems, Policies and procedures to ensure alignment with organizational objectives, and with other systems, policies and procedures as well as to ensure compliance by all staff members
- Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff and guide/facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interactions with line managers and other staff members.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, establish and oversee processes that prevent internal conflicts among staff members and departments and that facilitate resolution of conflicts when they occur
- Make ongoing recommendations to the senior management team for strengthening organizational learning, knowledge management and change management in support of strategic objectives.
- Review and advise senior management on annual staffing plans as part of annual operating planning process to ensure alignment with outreach performance goals, branch expansion plans, institutional development/ transformation requirements and other needs.
- Manage the company-wide recruitment and hiring processes, including both internal and external recruitment processes, in accordance with established policies, and ensure that recruitment processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Design and oversee the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) internship program to develop new talent.
- Implement and manage the performance evaluation system to ensure that all employees receive a timely evaluation according to UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) policy.
- Track when performance evaluations are due, notify managers and provide them with the necessary documents to complete the evaluation. Review completed evaluations to ensure that policy was followed and that all documentation is complete. Route all evaluations to the CEO for review
- Advise line managers on best practices in application of the performance management system, particularly the aspect of employee appraisal and performance feedback.
- Using the performance appraisal outcomes, collaborate with managers to identify employee training and career development opportunities and coaching / mentoring needs.
- Review the outputs of the employee appraisal process, identify key issues and trends and prepare consolidated reports for senior management
- Maintain and update on an ongoing basis the company salary matrix in consultation with company management team.
- Research and ensure that salaries are competitive for all positions.
- Oversee employee benefits administration, ensuring that providers deliver quality services to employees.
- Work with senior management in designing and implementing competitive incentive programs for key positions
- Ensure proper maintenance and updating of all company personnel files at all offices.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of employee files
- Manage and maintain the personnel database system (HRIS) including the input of changes in position or salary and training.
- Provide reports to management as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely institutional responses to all employment related enquiries, including employment applications, reference checks, and confirmations of employment, or others, in accordance with local legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Provide support as needed to resolve issues related with employee disciplinary issues, employee termination, or other HR-related issues.
- Design and implement appropriate employee recognition (E. g. Tenure related) programs.
Training & Development
- Ensure proper training of managers & staff on all human resource policies and processes.
- Ensure proper orientation training is provided to all new staff members to maximize efficient integration
- In collaboration with senior management, based on training needs assessments, create and execute annual training plans to support the needs of the institution.
- Identify training providers, including both internal and external sources.
- Ensure training plans and training delivery meet company standards.
- Hire, train and manage all Human Resources Department staff.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and skills
- A Masters’ degree in related field, University degree in Human Resources, General Business, Management, Economics, or Personnel Management
- At least 5 years of progressive employment experience in a human resources management role, preferably with a large international company or organization in the financial sector
- Strong knowledge of local labor laws and employment practices, ability to develop systems and policies, excellent quantitative and analytical skills and strong organizational skills
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their cover letter together with an up-to-date CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line)
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for receiving applications is: 12thSeptember 2017