- Shafi NambobiChief Executive OfficerShafi NambobiChief Executive OfficerMr. Nambobi is a microfinance expert with over 19 years’ experience in microfinance with strong leadership and institutional capacity building skills. He began his career as a Credit Officer (Promoter) in FINCA Uganda in 1997 before assuming positions of credit supervisor, branch manager and in 2001 becoming Regional Manager. Between 2002 and 2006, Mr. Nambobi was the deputy operations manager in charge of village banking and later Supervision, Policy Compliance and managing Special Projects. In April 2006, he moved to Uganda Finance Trust as the Chief Manager Operations, a position he held up to April 2009 before becoming the Chief Operating Officer for FINCA Malawi for two years. He then joined Tujijenge Tanzania under AMSCO Manager Secondment program as Managing Director/Board member from April 2011 until December 2015. He then joined Premier Credit Uganda as Chief Executive Officer/Board member before joining UGAFODE Microfinance Ltd (MDI) in May 2017 as Chief Executive Officer/Board member. Mr. Nambobi has a Bachelors’ degree in Public Administration specialized in Human Resource management and development, Masters in Microfinance, Diploma in Banking Management and PGD in Financial Management.
- Gerald MuherezaExecutive DirectorGerald MuherezaExecutive DirectorGerald holds an MBA (Finance) and B. Com (Honors) Accounting both from Makerere University Kampala. Gerald has also had trainings/courses in Asset Liability Management (ALM), Relationship Management, Trade Finance, Cash Management & Trade (Euro Finance), Agricultural Commodity Finance and Banking, Islamic Finance in Development Banking among others. Gerald has 18 years of work experience with over 5 years in accounting & auditing services at Ernst & Young CPA and 13 years in Banking at DFCU Bank Limited, Orient Bank Limited and Equity Bank Limited. Gerald has experience in Business growth and development, Credit & Financial analysis, Corporate Banking, Relationship management, Credit risk management, Performance Management, Strategic Business Planning, leadership, Stakeholder management among others.
- Timothy EtooriHead of internal AuditTimothy EtooriHead of internal AuditCertified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor. Institute of Internal Auditors - Accreditation in Internal Quality Assessment/ Validation and completion of the Instructor Development Course. He has also passed the examination for the Certified Information Systems Auditor. He is the immediate Past President of The Institute of Internal Auditors Uganda and currently member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Internal Auditors Uganda. Member of the Local Government Audit Committee for Central Region - Government of the Republic of Uganda. Over six years heading the internal audit in financial institutions supervised by the Bank of Uganda, over eleven years in external audit working with firms of certified public accountants and over ten years in accounting.
- David MuheirweHead of ICTDavid MuheirweHead of ICTDavid is an I.T Management & Project Management Professional with 10 years experience in IT and Project Management. Previously he worked with FINCA International as a Regional Project Manager for Africa handling IT projects in DRC, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda & Zambia. Prior to FINCA he worked as Information Technology Manager for Alam Group of Companies in Uganda at the same time worked a part time lecturer at Kampala International University. David holds a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, an MBA majoring in Project Management from Makerere University, a PMP Credential and ITIL foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. He also volunteers with the Project Management Institute Uganda Chapter as the Board Secretary.
- Joseph TukamushabaHead of RiskJoseph TukamushabaHead of RiskJoseph is an IT professional with a vast experience in microfinance and banking MIS systems setup and management. He has over 10 years experience in the microfinance/banking industry. He joined UGAFODE as an ICT Manager, has served in other various capacities within UGAFODE and currently serving as a Head of Risk Management. He holds a Bsc. in Electrical Engineering (Hons) from Makerere University and an Masters in Business from Amity University, India. He has taken various professional short courses in microfinance, banking, ICT and computer science.
- Jonathan MugaluHead of Finance & AdministrationJonathan MugaluHead of Finance & AdministrationJonathan is ACCA certified, holds a Post graduate Diploma and an MBA with a specialism in Strategic Planning from Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University, UK. He graduated with a Bachelor's degree of Commerce (Accounting) from Makerere University. His career spans over 8 years with vast experience at various levels of responsibility in accountancy, taxation, audit and consultancy services with clients from various sectors. He worked with Pride Microfinance limited (MDI), Baylor – Uganda and United Bank of Africa before joining UGAFODE Microfinance limited (MDI).