RISK ANANLYST (1)
We are looking for a professional Risk Analyst to:
- To participate in the institutional risk management processes through risk identification, measurement and mitigation by ensuring necessary controls are in place and working effectively.
- To support the Head of Risk Management in data analysis or risk model construction; Evaluate and forecast potential losses while determining solutions to minimize or eliminate risks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in identification, analysis, measurement, prioritisation and development of mitigation/control measures to manage all key risks in the institution.
- Work with branches and all departments to improve on the risk management framework.
- Participate in the development, review and maintenance of the Operational Risk Register (ORR).
- Give recommendations to improve on the existing internal controls/risk mitigation measures.
- Participate in risk assessment for new products and services.
- Prepare periodic risk management reports.
Know How and Experience
Banking Compliance Regulations and Legal Legislation
- Understands the trends and scope of operational and credit risks in the microfinance and banking industry, and its impact upon UGAFODE’s commercial activities
- An in-depth knowledge about a wide range of micro lending and savings products and services
- Ability to evaluate competitors, identify and exploit market opportunities
- Ability to identify and explore business opportunities to maintain the institution’s cutting-edge position
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders e.g. CEO, Board of Directors, investors, regulatory bodies, staff and clients.
Planning, Organisation and performance Management
- Ability to set and deliver business goals
- Ability to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Ability to assess achievement against performance targets.
Reporting and Communication Skills
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Ability to consolidate and prepare credit and risk reports.
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in the information & advice provided to management.
Change and Change Management
- Ability to communicate, enthuse and inspire staff to give their best in order to achieve goals
- Organisation, analytical, communication, assertive, influencing.
Commitment to Mission
- Commitment to poverty eradication and an ability to transform the lives and communities of people in poverty.
- Ability to support & implement transformational activities aimed at empowering all clients in such a way that they become agents of social and economic transformation in their own communities.
Mathematical & Numeric Skills
- Calculation of interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Skill to locate routine mathematical errors
- Computation of rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of business financial reports and bar graphs.
Personal Computer Operation
Intermediate skills personal computer operation, Bankers Realm MFO or other core banking application user skills, Reporting and communication software programmes – word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet and speed to meet production needs of the position
Desired Qualifications, Experience and skills
- A bachelor degree in any of the business-related subjects from a reputable university.
- Minimum 3 years in credit management and/or banking operations.
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for receiving applications is: 22nd September, 2017.